Sunday, June 28, 2009

What do I have?

So recently I've been trying to develop the songwriter that I know is buried somewhere inside me...I've always LOVED music and occasionally had that urge and/or inspiration to not only enjoy what other people have written but to participate in the process myself. However, I've never really written anything substantial. Sure, there's the song I wrote in 10th grade that I don't remember all too well (what i DO remember makes me cringe a bit!) and bits and pieces here and there, but nothing that I would feel comfortable sharing if you asked me about it.

Until now.

When I was at the STP in San Diego at the beginning of summer I ended up writing a song with Mr. Danny de la Huerta called "Still I Rejoice." As a result of that experience I've been dabbling a bit with writing other songs. So far I've got two that are somewhat close to being at a point where I would consider playing them for someone.

So why this blog? Because I want a place where I can share either lyrics or melodies or complete songs that I come up with and somewhere to get maybe a little feedback: I figure since I'm already following other people's blogs and contributing to another blog here on blogger that it's a good place to start. So we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's a great idea to let other people in to participate in the writing process.

    ReplyDelete