Sunday, March 24, 2013

Monday Setlist- 03/18/13



It's been a while since I did this kind of update, but I led worship this past week at Navs and thought I could kill two birds with one stone: update the blog and talk about one of my favorite subjects :)

That subject is worship music, and specifically NEW worship music. At Navs this week Mikey spoke on generosity, and so I picked songs that talked about God's love for us and our response. That's where generosity needs to start for us.

Something I've been chewing on recently is that everything we do should be done out of overflow. We not only love because He first loved us: we have compassion because we were shown compassion, we comfort because we've been comforted, we forgive because we've been forgiven, etc. Being generous is no different. We need to start with how generous God has been towards us.

I introduced a new song this week: "Once and For All" from the latest Passion cd. The chorus is a simple statement of our beliefs as Christians. There's something powerful about declaring something in song, together, that people have believed for millennia (from the Nicene and Apostles' creeds and beyond). The chorus says:

We believe our God is Jesus
We believe that he is Lord
We believe that he has saved us
From sin and death
Once and for all
Simple, beautiful, and True.


Here's the rest of the setlist.

1. "Blessed Be Your Name" by Matt Redman-(A)
2. "One Thing Remains" by Brian Johnson and Jeremy Riddle [Jesus Culture]-(A)
3. "Once and For All by Chris Tomlin-(G)
4. "Lord I Give You My Heart" by Reuben Morgan [Hillsong]-(G)
5. "Surrender" by Marc James [Vineyard]-(G)



No comments:

Post a Comment