Monday, December 20, 2010

The Stand

If there's one word that I would use to describe who God is showing Himself to be to me recently, it's faithful. He's done this in various ways and methods, but the message has been consistant and repeated. God is a God who fulfills His promises and will not abandon us.

I've shared some of the HUGE ways that God has been faithful to me on this blog before, but this time I wanted to share a fairly small one. God is in the moving and shaping of the overall courses of our lives, but God is in the details too!

Two weeks ago we had our last NavNite of the semester. Instead of the regular flow of things we had a worship night scheduled. No message planned-just a time where the students could come together and have fellowship with the Spirit and with each other.

As part of the evening, I was leading worship, but I didn't have time to print out the chord chart for one of the songs I wanted to play that night. I'd already rehearsed the song, "Jesus Paid it All," with Rachel (who was singing with me) and practiced it a bit myself, so I just figured I'd write it out from memory when I got there. Honestly, I was too rushed with all the OTHER details that I had to take care of and figured that I would just deal with it later.

When I got to Cornerstone (the church we have our NavNites at), I went to put the charts I did have on one of the music stands. As usual, there were already some charts from when other groups at the church had played music for their groups.


Out of habit I glanced through the charts that were already there. As a Worship Leader I'm always curious to know what other people and groups are singing, and sometimes it leads to some really good finds. I've therefore developed a habit of just leafing through stacks of charts wherever I come across them.

I didn't get further than the first chart this time though-my eyes landed on this sight:


That's right: the one song that I hadn't had time to print out was sitting there and waiting for me! In the right key and everything! I couldn't help but feel an overwhelming sense of surprise mixed with thankfulness and wonder. Even now I'm smiling at that little tiny bit of providence and provision.

A God who is in the details indeed :)