Wednesday, February 23, 2011

United Worship


I'm constantly amazed and excited when I think about all the amazing things I see God doing through worship both in my life and on a larger scale. When recently asked where the Church is at globally and with regards to worship, Hillsong United's Joel Houston responded:

I think it’s an exciting time. Our worship has to be pure. I think the danger is that even when our heart’s intentions are good, we can be pulled by the demands of structure and routine. Sometimes those things have a subtle way of diluting the purity of our worship. I think as long as our expression is pure and open to the voice of the Holy Spirit in what we're doing, and it’s all about Jesus, and about God and people, I think that we’re in a good place. I sense that.

Purity and openness to the Spirit in worship. Doesn't get much simpler or beautiful than that. You can read the rest of the interview, which had a lot to do with Hillsong's most recent release, Aftermath, here.