Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hope Fulfilled

Less than nine weeks and then I walk across a stage, shake a few hands, and many different things that I've been waiting for move from the "not yet" to the "now." Needless to say, I'm excited! :) This past year has taught me a TON about the nature of waiting and hoping. Psalm 39:7 has become sort of a theme verse for this year: "And now, Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in You."

However, days like today remind me that there's much more to learn about the nature of waiting and hoping than I could ever learn in a year. Easter Sunday marks the fulfillment of THOUSANDS of years of waiting and hoping by humankind stretching back all the way to Genesis 3 where God promises Eve a descendant that will crush the serpent underfoot. But even with those millennia to learn, most of the Israelites STILL missed the point.


God, help me to wait on, in, and for You alone and not to miss the point or pass by the fruits of my patience when they come my way.