Friday, July 24, 2009

Retooling

Hey guys,

So I just wanted to take a moment and say a couple things.

1) I'm not dead (despite what the lack of updates might imply...lol)

2) I'm still really passionate about writing songs

3) I want to change this blog up a bit and make it a bit more inclusive

I think the first two are pretty self-explanatory, so what does the third one mean? It means that I think I'm going to start posting things other than just music here (i.e. what God's been teaching me, recent goings on in my life, etc.).

Honestly, part of the reason is that, with the kind of work I'm doing, I'm just not nearly as prolific writing music as I thought I'd be. After swinging a sledgehammer all day, when you sit down to play guitar your arms and hands are just dead-it's pretty sad lol.

I'll still post songs and videos whenever I feel like I have something to share, but to compensate for less of that sort of update I'll start including more things here. I figure you can worship God with more than song, so why limit a worship blog to just music? :)


So I'm leaving for Camp Ghetto Camp (http://tinyurl.com/lkv5f9) in about half an hour. We'll be spending all day tomorrow working around the camp-it's kinda like road rally with the Navs. Anyways, I'm really looking forward to it. Good times with some of the SOMA folk (the college group I'm going to here at home for those of you that don't know). I really feel like over the past year-ish God has been teaching me about work, specifically physical work and hard labor, so I'm going to be all ears this weekend.

1 comment: