Tuesday, February 2, 2010

If this were a trip that Indiana Jones took to India, today's entry would be what happened during the montage while the red arrow bounced around from city to city before finally stopping at the final destination.

So what did I end up doing for our 20-odd hours of time in the air? Read, read, and read some more.




Mikie had lent me "The Ragamuffin Gospel" by Brennan Manning and so I started in on that. Something that I immediately noticed was Manning's incredibly frequent use of allegory or quotations from other sources. It seemed like only about half the book was his own words...not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that, but it was just one of the first things I noticed.

I also read Mark's gospel during the flight-I'm closing in on completing Don's challenge to those of us from the True Joy STP this past summer to read the New Testament by the weekend of the Navs Conference and Mark was next on the list for me.

They served us several meals over the course of the flight, and although I didn't think I'd ever encounter airline food that I'd really really enjoy Singapore Air proved me wrong: pretty much everything was delicious (AND included in the fare).

I also slept, but that's pretty boring...lol. January 2, we hardly knew ye.

Next time: Finally in India! Some actual pictures! Thoughts on food and group dynamics! And other such things requiring exclamation points!!!

1 comment: