Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Lucknow: Day 1

January 9, 2010

Got a shorter update for tonight because (I don't know why, but) blogger has been giving me troubles tonight. First it crashed my browser multiple times when I tried to upload photos to just not letting me upload them at all. That's ok, since there were only like 5 from this day anyways.

We slept on the train and were woken up by a very special man. Let me set the stage though. Some of us had JUST referenced the skit from Trigger Happy TV where...well let me show you:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PHqdz-g8tQk

(You're gonna have to copy/paste since they disabled embedding on that video)

So anywho, we had JUST referenced that cell phone in the library skit the previous night when lo and behold a guy in our car answers his phone by saying

"Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello?"

"Hello? Hello?"





"Hello?"

It's funny now, but at the time it was INCREDIBLY annoying! And please ask me or Zack for our impersonation of this guy, because just reading the text can't really measure up to the severity of the situation haha. And this guy got a call every 5 minutes where the same thing would happen!!

"Hello? Hello? Hello?Hello?Hello?Hello?Hello?"

Gah!


Anyways, we got to Lucknow in the middle of the afternoon and spent the rest of the day at Lucknow University settling in, meeting faculty, and planning out our schedule for the next few days.

If I have some time when the photo updater is working again I might come back and retool this post, but all you guys are missing out on is some pics of the inside of the train, the campus of LU, and some puppies. I took like 5 pictures on this day...i.e. not very many.

Tomorrow: PICTURES!! (hopefully...)

No comments:

Post a Comment